Secrets of the Dead
Full Program: A team of Egyptologists decodes hieroglyphic clues and pieces together forensic evidence left behind by Psusennes I,... 52:26
Full Program: Watch the full episode of The Man Who Saved the World 53:10
Set over four hours on October 27, 1962, the tensest moments of the Cuban Missile Crisis, Secrets of The Dead tells... 02:13
Airs Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. Check your local listings. 00:30
Airs Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. Check your local listings. 00:31
- Watch more video from this program »
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 73 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 59 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: Part detective story, part true-life drama, SECRETS OF THE DEAD unearths evidence from around the world, challenging prevailing ideas and throwing fresh light on unexplained events. Using the most up-to-date science in the laboratory and in the field, scientists and researchers examine the missing pieces of each puzzle, completing the picture of what had been merely an assemblage of suppositions.
All Upcoming Episodes
The Mona Lisa Mystery (#1305)
Resurrecting Richard III (#1306)
The Man Who Saved the World (#1201)
- Fri, May 29, 2:00 AM on IPTV
These episodes of Secrets of the Dead aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Lost Gardens of Babylon (#1304)
- Bugging Hitler's Soldiers (#1202)
- Bones of the Buddha (#1206)
- The Man Who Saved the World (#1201)
- The World's Biggest Bomb (#1104)
- Ben Franklin's Bones (#1401)