Secrets of the Dead
Witches Curse (#201)
More than 300 years after the infamous Salem Witch trials, one woman'sinspiration has led to the theory that there may be a perfectly natural and scientific explanation for the symptoms of those who were said to be bewitched. Behavioral psychologist Linda Caporeal's quest for a rational explanation leads viewers on a startling journey from wrenching convulsions and vivid deliriums to contaminated crops, hallucinogenic drugs and an ancient bog man who was brutally hacked to death. [56 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Full Program: Watch the full episode of Secrets of the Dead: Ultimate Tut. 00:00
In Ultimate Tut, a special two-part Secrets of the Dead, airing Wednesday, July 10, 8-10 pm on PBS (check local... 00:31
The film presents a convincing collection of evidence that suggests an amateur archaeologist discovered the leader's... 00:31
Full Program: Journey to Spain to investigate a double Neanderthal mystery. 00:00
Full Program: Find out how and why 57 Irish immigrants to the U.S. died in 1832. 00:00
- Watch more video from this program »
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 73 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 59 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: Part detective story, part true-life drama, SECRETS OF THE DEAD unearths evidence from around the world, challenging prevailing ideas and throwing fresh light on unexplained events. Using the most up-to-date science in the laboratory and in the field, scientists and researchers examine the missing pieces of each puzzle, completing the picture of what had been merely an assemblage of suppositions.
All Upcoming Episodes
The Lost Gardens of Babylon (#1304)
These episodes of Secrets of the Dead aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Lost Gardens of Babylon (#1304)
- Bugging Hitler's Soldiers (#1202)
- Bones of the Buddha (#1206)
- The Man Who Saved the World (#1201)
- The World's Biggest Bomb (#1104)
- Ben Franklin's Bones (#1401)
- Death on the Railroad (#1203)
- China's Terracotta Warriors (#1103)
- Lost in the Amazon (#1102)
- Lost Ships of Rome (#1101)
- JFK: One PM Central Standard Time (#1301)