Secrets of the Dead
Day of the Zulu (#204)
During the Anglo-Zulu wars that defined the colonization of South Africa, small British regiments' successes against huge forces of native warriors became the stuff of legends. But in one key battle in 1879, the Impis, unique and efficient Zulu fighting units, decimated the British battalions. A new archeological collection and scientific analysis paint a fascinating new picture of troop movement, casualties, and the changing tides of the battle to shed light on the mistakes made by the British and the innovative strategy of the Zulu. [56 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 75 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 59 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: Part detective story, part true-life drama, SECRETS OF THE DEAD unearths evidence from around the world, challenging prevailing ideas and throwing fresh light on unexplained events. Using the most up-to-date science in the laboratory and in the field, scientists and researchers examine the missing pieces of each puzzle, completing the picture of what had been merely an assemblage of suppositions.
All Upcoming Episodes
Cavemen Cold Case (#1204)
Bones of the Buddha (#1206)
These episodes of Secrets of the Dead aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Ben Franklin's Bones (#1401)
- The Lost Diary of Dr. Livingstone (#1302)
- The Lost Gardens of Babylon (#1304)
- JFK: One PM Central Standard Time (#1301)
- Carthage's Lost Warriors (#1303)
- Cavemen Cold Case (#1204)
- The Man Who Saved the World (#1201)
- Resurrecting Richard III (#1306)
- The Mona Lisa Mystery (#1305)